2018 Meeting Dates

We meet in The Fisherman’s Vestry, St Paul’s Church, West St 6.30 – 7.30 pm. Dates for the rest of 2018 are:

6 March; 17 April; 29 May; 3 July; 14 Aug; 25 September; 6 November; 18 December. We’re a friendly bunch of people – everyone is welcome to join us!

Advertisements

Agenda LAT Meeting Tuesday 29 May 2018

All welcome who live and work here

Brighton Old Town Local Action Team Meeting 

St Paul’s Church West St

Tuesday 29 May 2018

6.30 – 7.30 pm

Agenda

 

  1. Welcome and Introductions

  1. Updates from our last meeting

a) LAT Forum

b) Licensing Strategy Group

c) Licensing Panel hearings

  1. Regulatory Services – an update from Annie Sparks on the work of the Council’s Regulatory Services and the new Enforcement Officer role

  1. Current issues

  1. AOB

Date of next meetings 2018

3 Jul 14 Aug 25 Sept 6 Nov 18 Dec

Minutes of LAT Meeting April 2018

BOTLAT Meeting 17 April 2018, Fisherman’s Vestry, St Paul’s Church, West St, Brighton

Present

Debbie Gibson-Leigh – Chair BOTLAT,

Caroline Brennan – Secretary BOTLAT

Stuart Lauchlan – Chair Clarendon Mansions Residents Association (CMRA)

Alex Phillips – Councillor

 

Apologies

Simon Bannister – BHCC Safe in the City

Tom Druitt – Councillor

Denise Taylor – Lanes Traders

Trine Griffiths

Marc Walmsley – Manzone Barbers, Pool Valley

Marikit Taylor

Andrew Tull – Market Inn

Peter             Market Inn

 

Agenda

Updates from last meeting

 

  1. Recycling bins. Still no response as yet from Damian to invitation to attend the LAT meeting. As Simon Bannister was not in attendance, issue to be carried over to next meeting.
  2. East Street/Little East St – cars and vans are still accessing supposedly pedestrianised zones. Parked cars left there all day, not towed away – potential safety issue. As Simon Bannister was not in attendance, issue to be carried over to next meeting.
  3. Refuse Bin Grand Junction Road – does not appear on the council’s map – do they know it’s there? Operationally Cityclean do empty it, but the bin is damaged and dangerous to use. It is not being dealt with.

 

Current Issues

 

Broadband Speeds

In Digital Brighton – the Town Hall has fast speeds, yet Old Town residents have ‘not spots’. BT and Virgin Media claim the council will not permit roads to be dug up, is this true? Shops have leased lines, yet residents who cannot afford this are suffering. Possibly do a straw poll of Lanes Traders to see what speeds they’re getting?

Action: Alex to explore at full council meeting in July. 

Graffiti and tagging Art and Believe are being commissioned by Tom and Alex through their ward budget to do a piece (e.g. William Hill on Sillwood Street) Could this be an Old Town project to combat the ugly tagging throughout the area.

 Brighton Marathon Organisation- Residents in East Street experienced several issues with the Marathon such as difficulty in accessing their homes and privacy issues caused by the gantry over the A259. This year, there was no privacy netting covering the gantry so everyone crossing the gantry could look into residents’’ homes. There was also a dangerous issue with the bollards in East Street not being set up, which meant vehicles were accessing East Street whilst chairs and tables were still set out.

Who organises it and who has overall coordination for the Marathon?

Mark Prior was suggested as the one to contact, or David Parker.

Hippodrome Meeting on 27 April – Stuart agreed to attend

Licensing Issues

i360 – not granted a vertical drinking license or off sales.

Chapter X111 – The Old Town LAT objects to the application. Update to be provided at next LAT on 29 May.

Harmonisation of licenses – The variation of licensing conditions of venues in close proximity to each other is causing noise nuisance for residents in East Street. Licensed premises should have similar conditions regarding waste disposal and collection and these conditions needs to be harmonised.

Action: Alex to raise as a policy issue, Debbie to raise at Licensing Strategy Group.

Old Town Conservation meeting – The meeting due on 14 March was cancelled and re-scheduled for June.

March Brighton Old Town LAT meeting

 

The next Brighton Old Town Local Action Team Meeting will be on Tuesday 6 March 2018. For minutes of the last meeting, click HERE

 St Paul’s Church West St

 6.30 – 7.30 pm

 Agenda

  1. Welcome and Introductions
  2. Updates from our last meeting
  3. Current issues
  4. AOB
  5. Date of next meetings 2018

 

17 April; 29 May; 3 July; 14 Aug; 25 September; 6 November; 18 December. 

Welcome to 2018

snowy beach 2

Our first meeting of the new year will be on Wednesday January 24th – see below for the agenda and look HERE for minutes of the last meeting.

The Brighton Old Town LAT is open to all who live or work in the area, and the aim of the LAT is to identify local problems, issues and opportunities, and work with the council. police and others to bring about neighbourhood improvements.

Brighton Old Town Local Action Team Meeting

 St Paul’s Church West St

Wednesday 24th January 2018

 6.30 – 7.30 pm

 Agenda

  1.  Welcome and Introductions
  2. Updates from our last meeting:
    1. Brighton LAT Forum
    2. Licensing Strategy Group 22 January
  3. Current issues
  4. AOB
  5. Date of next meetings (TBA)